Recovery Meditation Group
Meditation Support for people in recovery
The Bozeman Dharma Center’s Recovery Meditation Group has merged with Dave Smith’s community of other students. The program will be hosted by him and no longer hosted by the BDC. Dave offers an online community, weekly meetings, and a recovery meditation course– which includes guided meditations, instructions and supplemental material available anytime. Watch this Enroll for the entire year before January 31, 2021 and receive a discount!
For weekly subscription information click here.
About Dave Smith
Dave Smith: Dave Smith is an internationally recognized Buddhist meditation teacher, addiction treatment specialist, and published author. His background is rooted in the Insight Meditation tradition and he was empowered to teach through the Against the Stream Buddhist Meditation Society.
He has extensive experience bringing meditative interventions into jails, prisons, youth detention centers and addiction treatment facilities. Dave teaches residential meditation retreats and classes, provides trainings and consulting in both secular and Buddhist contexts, and works with students through his meditation mentoring program. With his wife, Shannon, Dave recently founded the Secular Dharma Foundation and lives in Paonia, Colorado.
“As we embrace and develop mindfulness practice we find that we learn to become honest about the difficulties in our lives. We take full responsibility for our unsuccessful denial strategies and we work to overcome them with effort and willingness. The experience of regret diminishes as we become aware of how and where we are causing it. This allows us to see clearly all the ways we are causing unnecessary suffering for ourselves and we begin to let go. We learn the power of empathy and compassion and promote positive change in our lives and in this world .”– Dave Smith
- Montana Alcoholics Anonymous
- Montana Narcotics Anonymous
- Listing of recovery group meetings in the Bozeman area.
- Meditation for those in recovery at Fellowship hall is offered on Tuesday evenings at 8:45.
Bozeman Area Addiction counselors and specialists
Audio and Podcasts
- One Breath at a Time – Buddhism and the 12 Steps by Kevin Griffin
- Recovery Dharma – How to Use Buddhist Practices and Principles to Heal the Suffering of Addiction
- A Burning Desire: Dharma God and the Path of Recovery by Kevin Griffin
- Against the Stream, Refuge Recovery and Dharma Punx: A Memoir by Noah Levine
- Cool Water: Alcoholism, Mindfulness and Ordinary Recovery by William Alexander
- Dead Drunk: Saving myself from alcoholism in a Thai monastery by Paul Garrigan
- 12 Steps on Buddha’s Path by Laura S.